On February 9 and 10, 2012, the USPTO published proposed procedural rules for the new AIA proceedings for inter partes review, post grant review, business method patents, and derivation proceedings. Please click on the links below to view the Federal Register Notices on these proposed rules.
- Changes To Implement Derivation Proceedings
- Changes to Implement Inter Partes Review Proceeding
- Changes to Implement Post-Grant Review Proceedings
- Changes to Implement Transitional Program for Covered Business Method Patents
- Transitional Program for Covered Business Method Patents: Definition of Technological Invention
- Practice Guide for Proposed Trial Rules: Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
- Rules of Practice for Trials Before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board and Judicial Review of Patent Trial and Appeal Board Decisions
Public comments are due by April 9, 2012.
Posted: February 10, 2012